Creating Your Personalised Climatotherapy Package in Jordan
On the SpaDreams webpages of the Jordan retreats you can see the prices per night and you can also see the prices for the different types of climatotherapy packages. After researching the hotel and type of climatotherapy package you’d like, you can contact our travel experts by email or phone and we will send you a package deal quote containing the hotel stay, the climatotherapy and the airport transfers. If you are travelling with another person but you’d like two different therapy packages, please write this on your request form.
Climatotherapy Packages Can Include:
- Medical examination with a GP or dermatologist
- Establishment of an individual treatment plan
- Medical support (2x per week, more if needed)
- Psychologist/mental health therapy
- Medicines and ointments according to doctor’s prescription
- Climatotherapy treatments
- Final report
- Use of the natural solarium and the cool Dead Sea mud
- Use of the Dead Sea water pool at the medical centre
- Emergency services (24h)
Tips for Your Climatotherapy Holiday in Jordan
- Check the dates of Ramadan before booking your climatotherapy package. Whilst it’s still possible to visit during Ramadan, there are often more constraints in terms of excursions and services at this time.
- Jordan is an Islamic country and a conservative society. This means there should be no immodest dress or public displays of affection. Social respect will also be expected.
- The months of June, July and August are very hot, with temperatures going over 40 °C in the shade, and so it’s not the ideal time to visit Jordan for most European guests. Cardio would be very strenuous in such temperatures!
- Sandals are very useful for walking down the dry land to the Dead Sea in Jordan (especially as it’s receding bit by bit each year!)
- At the edge of the sea, you can drink thermal water from the spring (not from the sea itself, of course). Some guests bring a little thermos flask with them to make tea on the spot.
For more tips, check out our Dead Sea Travel Guide to read about the specific methods and benefits of the Jordan Dead Sea climatotherapy.
Excursions and Sightseeing in Jordan
The Rose City of Petra and the Wadi Rum desert
The beautiful, ancient city of Petra carved into rose coloured rock in the Wadi Rum desert will awe and inspire you, like it has many poets and historians already. Dating back as far as the 4th century BC, this UNESCO World Heritage site is a once in a lifetime experience and a must-see during your holiday in Jordan. You can ride by camel or horse back and experience a night sky where, far away from the city lights, the stars shine brighter than ever. SpaDreams offers 2-day Petra and Wadi Rum excursion packages to make your visit to these ancient sites as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
In Jordan the currency is Jordanian dinar (JOD). 1 GBP = approx. 1 JOD.
You will need a visa to gain entry into Jordan and your passport must be valid for at least six months after your entry to Jordan. A single entry 1 month visa is available from airports on arrival and at certain borders. You must pay a small exit tax at all borders except airports. We recommend you check up to date visa information before travelling.
Most visits to Jordan are trouble free, however you should avoid political demonstrations, large crowds and stay away from border areas, particularly the Syrian and Iraqi borders. Please check up to date information on your government’s website.
Take a look at our offers below to create your dream trip to the Dead Sea in Jordan or check out our Dead Sea Travel Guide for more information.