What is allowed during a liquid fasting diet?
- Tea and coffee without milk or cream
- Fruit juices
- Vegetable juices
- Clear, low-fat broth
- Sugar and carbonated drinks are theoretically allowed, but are not recommended as they could irritate the stomach and are also not suitable for weight loss.
- Solid food
Liquid fasting benefits and the health results
Different types of liquid fasting
Liquid fasting in a hotel
In our fantastic fasting hotels you can concentrate completely on you and your health. During the traditional therapeutic fasting Buchinger method or a juice fast, you will be looked after by doctors or professional fasting coaches. Often nutritional advice and further medical examinations and treatments are also part of your program. You will be well looked after all around with additional beneficial wellness treatments such as massages, baths or visits to the salt grotto. Your stay is rounded off with light activities in the hotel or the beautiful surroundings as well as relaxation exercises.
Discover our most popular offers for liquid fasting
Special offers for Buchinger fasting
FAQ: Liquid fasting
How long can you do a liquid fast?
Which nutrients should be ingested during liquid fasting?
What are the contraindications for liquid fasting?
- Heartburn and other heart problems
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Eating disorders or severe underweight
- Taking specific medication
- Extreme sports training phases
What are the side effects/risks/disadvantages of liquid fasting?
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Too few calories
- Lack of important nutrients
- Not sustainable in the long term
- Lack of satiation